Monday, February 8, 2010

An Introduction

Hi, my name is Font Nguyen. I 'm an Asian-American, born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. My academic career hasn't always been ideal. When I was younger, I took time off from school to decide what I wanted to do with my life. I wasn't sure whether school was the right path for me at the time, so I decided to live it up and have fun for the time being. After a while, the excitement died down as friends returned to school, and work, while I had nothing to do. My days felt unproductive, and my fear of failure was becoming apparent. I was now more lost than ever. Then one day while I was out, I saw a man wearing a nice suit driving down the street in his flashy car. I figured he was probably some hot shot who graduated at the top of his class from an Ivy League, until I saw his license plate. The words "GED 2 PHD" were written on it. So I figured if that guy could do it, why can't I!? Ever since then, that stranger has been an inspiration to me. He's shown me that it's never too late to return to school, and there are no glass ceilings when it comes to learning. So here I am, an accounting major at Baruch aiming for a master's degree so that I can become a CPA, and ultimately partner up with good friends who specialize in other fields so that we can combine our skills into running a business of our own one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment